Monday, January 29, 2007

BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY... THEY WIN!!!!!

I woke up this morning to one of my favorite channels, the E, entertainment network recapping the SAG awards. I felt a personal rush of satisfaction and self- actualization,
(you can't tell me she's not fierce!!!)
when I realized that the some of fabulously plus size women of Hollywood were getting their "just desserts". (no pun intended...maybe a little)

I have to tell you having been a "pleasently plump", "fluffy", "thick"....ahh hell a FAT GIRL the majority of my life it has at times made me feel like I was always missing the gold star. From comments like. "...oh but you have such a pretty face..", to my grandma's favorite "..when are you going to reduce." LMAO. I've never been able to shake the feelings of not being quite good enough, not quite attractive enough.I always thought I was hot stuff:), but I felt like the world around me wasn't as easily convinced. Anyways I'm glad that the younger "fat girls" of today have heroes in Hollywood that are out there just like Paris Hilton(skinny biatch), that sans Paris Hilton also possess integrity. My only role model when I was younger was Miss Piggy...




and yes I loved that diva to death..shucks I was proud of any comparison.
Any way with this being the award season that belongs to Jennifer Hudson, America Ferrer, and Chandra Wilson I just think it's time we give it up to the big girls the one's that aren't a size 2-3, 4 ...etc...these women prove we all have place in this world even the surreal world of Hollywood.