Thursday, January 18, 2007

Diana Has yet to see DENA in DREAMGIRLS

*Diana Ross is all over the place this week plugging her new album of love songs, but the timing of its release couldn’t have been worse for the Motown legend.
Since its debut on Broadway in 1981, “Dreamgirls” and its story loosely based on her rise to fame with the Supremes has not been a favorite of the singer’s – to put it politely. With the film in theaters and earning awards left and right for its cast, it’s only natural that Ross would be asked to comment on the film during her mini press-tour.
"I haven't seen it. I think I've got to go and see it quickly,” she told Diane Sawyer this week on “Good Morning America.” “I've only heard what everyone has said, that it's very much my image and likeness. If I've had the opportunity to inspire any of these beautiful talented young people, then I'm excited about it. It's a privilege."
Thinking perhaps the film is too similar to her own story, Ross joked: "Maybe I should see it with my lawyer."
She said the same joke Tuesday night while promoting her album, “I Love You,” on CBS’ “Late Show with David Letterman.” Ross also announced that she will serve as a mentor on Fox’s “American Idol” this season (source: www.eurweb.com)