Friday, January 19, 2007

SAY IT LOUD, BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY SHADE!!!

Well it looks like the very Trendy, is up in arms over comments Ms. New York made about him during the swimsuit competition. Now I can't lie I agree with Trendz on this one, there are still areas in our personal culture as Afro-Americans that we must come to terms with, and being "color struck" is a big one. There are many darker skinned brothers and sisters that are still to this day teased about the color of their skin. Wether they should be watching or not (yes it's the parents job to monitor), little boys and girls of all races are watching and for little dark skinned boys and girls to feel put down simply for the color of their skin and for little white boys and white girls to feel it is ok to repeat New Yorks sentiments are both equally wrong. Though the implication of the impact is on the young there are a whole lot of adults that suffer from self esteem issues related to the color of their skin.
While Sister Patterson may have falsely driven into New York's head that "she can pass for white"(directly from the clips) I gamble on saying that nobody other that someone who is color blind (literally) would agree with her. While New York is definitely no role model everyone in the industry must hold a certain level of accountability for their actions and misactions, their hurtful words and their implications, hell Mel Gibson and Michael Richards had to. I'm not saying is New York is comprable to Michael Richards(asshole), but do a little inward look sister, you didn't like the term "Nigrieta", but "..crispy nigga", and "black twizzler" are equally offensive. I'll get off my soap box now and let you see what Trendz had to say on myspace....

NEW YORK IS AN IDIOT
For calling me a crispy nigga and a black twizzler. First of all let me say that she did not offend me because no one can offend me or get me upset no matter what. I'm feeling good right now and tomorrow I will feel even better, but this chick is really stupid for what she did.4 or 5 million people tuned in to see her( a black woman) call a black man "Crispy" like that shit is funny or something. I'm just thinking about the little black kid sitting there watching TV, who might idolize New York and here her say something like that. That kid is going to think that there is something wrong with him/her because of their skin color. BEING BLACK(or whatever color you are) IS A BEAUTIFUL THING AND WHO EVER THINKS THERES SOMETHING FUNNY ABOUT IT SHOULD EXPLAIN IT TO ME BECAUSE I DONT GET THE JOKE I'm fucking sexy as shit and talented as hell I dont even really need to tell y'all that but some people seem to forget. White people spend their hard earned money trying to look like me going to get tans in tanning salons and shit like that. So New York needs to check herself for real. Statements like that got me thinking that she dont love herself and how is she expecting some one to love her crazy ass if she doesnt love herselfThats all i got to say right nowI'm out-Trends/Trendz.

Being that Trendz works with children as I do we see and hear their pain about being taunted...people it really is time we put this color shit to bed, BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY SHADE!!!!!