Thursday, January 11, 2007

Talkin' with Trendz

Oh. My. GOD. All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOW. If I had to sum up my boy Trendz in one word, that word would be "sex". He just oozes sex. Trendz has a voice that could make an ORGASM have an orgasm. But enough of that. On to the fabulous phone convo I had with him last night. Before I started firing out questions to him, I decided it would be good to just engage in a little small talk first. We begin talking about the after~school music program he works for, where he teaches young Harlem kids how to Rap. I asked how he managed to get himself into that, and with a laugh he says "It happened by accident", stating that his now boss hired him when she saw how well he worked with the kids and how much they liked him. Then I asked him how the kids react to him now. (YES, he STILL works there, how sweet is that?) And he say's that all of a sudden they go banannas over him. I'll bet. We move from THAT subject to the guys in the house. "I Love how we all had our own personalities" he says. "Everyone was real cool." Of course my next question referred to the Queen Bitch. "Is New York REALLY that crazy, or do they edit her to be?" We both laugh very hard @ this. "Well.... she IS a little bit out there." He says ,but then admits that she's the good kind of crazy. How charming. I asked him about the freestyle he spit to Sister Patterson, and he said that he "Just wanted to do something different. Everyone else was just talking, and I wanted to stand out." Trendz is no stranger to the entertainment field, however. Leader of his own rap group and independent label, Trendz managed to sell 6,000 units WITHOUT the publicity of the show. ITAKKS, which is an acronym for I Think All Kinds of Kids Succeed, is the name of Trendz' group. I went to his music page to sample his work, and the guy is incredibly talented, and his talent far exceeds the music industry. As a matter of fact, Trendz told me that he's working on an independent film project, which will be a "Ghetto version of West Side story" is to be titled "EAST side story", and will also star rapper G-Depp. But don't get it twisted. Music is Trendz' passion. Now that we werer in deep conversation, I threw him a loop, hoping to make him slip up. "Did you leave the house on good terms? I mean if you were to call New York now, would it be cool?" Trendz automatically starts stuttering, but quickly regains his swagger. "Yea, we're still cool. I told her that no matter what we would still be cool. I said that from day one." I then assure him that I'm NOT trying to get him to breach contract. "Oh, nah...." he says, "I can't GIVE AWAY anything." "So you're trying to talk AROUND my questions?" I ask him. "Yea" he admits. We laugh again. This is priceless. Now on to those very important questions that my readers wanted answered. And yes, I did ask about Sekou. NV I think you asked me last night about him, and I don't even remember what I said. ANYWAYZ, here goes:

Okay I have a few questions I need to ask you. Here they go:

1. What thoughts ran through your head when Chamo bursted out of the door?

Wow when he came through I thought that he looked kind of familiar. I kept asking myself where did i see this guy before. Then I remembered i saw him on "Date Movie"(Which is a stupid movie by the way). I also was thinking is this guy really flamboyant like that or is he just acting.

2. Do you REALLY find New York attractive?

I'm not going to lie at first when I saw her on TV i didnt think she was that attractive, but in person she looked good to me. I was like damn when i saw her in that pink dress. I was thinking "Damn she could get it"

3.

What did you expect to gain from the show? Exposure. I'm an artist and a damn good one so people need to see and hear me. New York is cool and I wanted to meet her too cause i think shes a smart business woman so i wanted to get in her head a little. I dont think that this show is going to make me famous or anything. I'm going to be rich and famous soon trust me, but i dont think it going to be from being on this show. This is just a stepping stone

4.A lot of my readers think that several guys in the house are gay. Do you think this is true?

When i first saw some of the guys i kind of felt that way too, but after being in the house with them and hanging out I acually dont think anyone is gay

5.Did a guy named Sekou ever come 2 the house?

I cant discuss that info.....

6. How did you feel about Chance?

Chance is a funny dude. Hes very entertaining. I think that so far we've only seen one side of Chance so far as being really loud and crazy. It makes for good TV but there is more to him than that. There is more to all the guys in the house. People just didnt get to see that in the first episode

7. Who in the house did you HATE?

No one really. A couple of guys did get on my nerves but i cant discuss too much right now

8. Did you get along with Sister Patterson?

Yeah she is a crazy woman though. She dont take no shit. I think she kind of wanted to give it to me though. I had this feeling she wanted me for some reason. She has a fat ass though i'll give here that

9. Overall, how was your experience being in the house?

I had the best time of my life. It was great being there. I cant remember the last time I had that much fun. The mansion was great we had alot of room to do what we wanted to do so it was cool

10. Is New York really crazy in person? Or was that a front?

New York is really crazy, but for some reason I felt like she kind of liked me to a point because she wasnt that crazy with me. She seemed kind of toned down

11. Who was your best friend in the house?

I'd have to say Heat. We hung out alot. Truthfully all the guys were cool. Theyre all good guys

12. Are there any surprises and twists this season?

I cant comment on that I'm under contract

13. Has life changed for you already?

Yo its crazy my phone wont stop ringing and i'm getting so many emails and messages on myspace it's crazy. The funny thing is I dont even think i was on camera that much in the first episode and I'm getting so much attention. I really appriciate it. The only thing i dont appriciate though is how i've been getting calls from girls that i tried to get with and havent heard from in months or even years and now their calling me up saying hey Trends how you doing baby when we going to get together. I'm like WHAT i tried to get with you six months ago and you never returned my phone calls

14. Do any of the guys from the show read blogs to see what people say about them?

Yeah i think we all do. I definetly read the blogs. I like how honest you guys are. Keep it up dont hold back please we need to know how you guys feel.

15. Anything else you wanna add?

I just want to thank everyone for watching the show and showing me so much love and support. Make sure you check out my music and videos too. Its on my myspace page and I have and my new promo cd called Sumshitididindacrib( pronounced some shit i did in the crib) will be available for free for download in a couple of weeks

*I'm sorry there are so many questions, but your fans are just ENAMORED with you, Trendz. They deserve to know everything about you!

And that was it. He told me I could call back anytime, and lord knows I'll oblige. As for the rest of you, go ADD TRENDZ to Myspace!

myspace.com/trendzitakks